20 Dog Quotes That Will Melt Your Heart


My intent behind Live Long and Pawspurr is to make pet ownership less stressful and more fun. So often, a lot of sites that exist that are so black and white when it comes to learning about animals.

So I like to combine the pet owner’s information, pet health information, along with some fun stuff. Sometimes that fun stuff is just me telling my stories about my pets, and sometimes we put a fun twist on it as well.



And here is one of the fun twists. I am going to talk about the twenty sweet and funny quotes about dogs. I went ahead this time and just did the actual quotes themselves. If you would prefer graphic images in the future, or really enjoyed this post, make sure to continue letting me know the information you would like to see!

There will be some, ‘I love my dog’ quotes, and dog love quotes to humans. Everything you need to get right in the feels about your beloved pups

Alright, let’s get into the fun stuff with Number One!


1. “YOU CAN SAY ANY FOOLISH THING TO A DOG, AND THE DOG WILL GIVE YOU A LOOK THAT SAYS, ‘WOW, YOU’RE RIGHT! I NEVER WOULD’VE THOUGHT OF THAT!’” – DAVE BARRY

Okay, guys. Let’s be truthful here. How many of you have had serious talks with your dog? (Anyone who says no is either lying or needs to stop reading this right now and try it). Dogs are the BEST listeners. And they never judge an idea. You could say, ‘let’s fly cheese’. And the dog would be like ‘My human is amazing!’. Dogs. Don’t. Judge. Period.

2. “A DOG IS THE ONLY THING ON EARTH THAT LOVES YOU MORE THAN HE LOVES HIMSELF.” – JOSH BILLINGS

Dogs are the most selfless animals to exist. Their entire life is you. Their human who they love more than life itself. Any dog owner knows its true. Heck! There are dogs that are trained as service animals. That means they can pretty much SAVE YOUR LIFE if needed. Talk about love right there.

3. “DOGS ARE NOT OUR WHOLE LIFE, BUT THEY MAKE OUR LIVES WHOLE.”- ROGER CARAS

This one kind of makes me sad. Because there is also another saying that says ‘Our pets may not be our life, but to them, we’re their world. And if you think about it, it’s true. They don’t go on dates, or hang out with friends. They are at home. Alone, unless you are there with them. That makes you their world. Their constant.

Dogs sit at home each day waiting for you to get back for your adventures. They spend their short little lives loving and caring for you. Dogs are out link to paradise, even in our homes.

4. “THE WORLD WOULD BE A NICER PLACE IF EVERYONE HAD THE ABILITY TO LOVE AS UNCONDITIONALLY AS A DOG.” – M.K. CLINTON

I agree with this. Think about if humans were as nice to each other as dogs were to us. If we hugged one another when we were sad. Got excited when our family came home. Think about the joy that would swell through this earth. We could definitely take a few pages out of the dog handbook if you ask me.

If everyone lived the same lives as our pets, there would be so much less hate in the world. Still some fighting, but would probably end in some odd cuddling afterwards. Still doesn’t seem like a bad idea in my mind.

5. “THE BETTER I GET TO KNOW MEN, THE MORE I FIND MYSELF LOVING DOGS.” – MARK TWAIN

I hate when people compare men to dogs. That is just not fair. Dogs are so loyal, men on the other hand. (Not you, of course, honey!) Dogs are loyal to a fault with their humans. Some men will ditch you once they find the next best thing. So if you really had to compare dogs to something, I would think it would have to be a parent. Loving, loyal, and willing to do anything to see you happy.

6. “WHEN AN EIGHTY-FIVE-POUND MAMMAL LICKS YOUR TEARS AWAY, THEN TRIES TO SIT ON YOUR LAP, IT’S HARD TO FEEL SAD.” – KRISTAN HIGGINS

There are some people who don’t understand that size doesn’t matter. Especially in dogs. Just because a dog is the size of you, doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to sit on your lap like a puppy. Actually, watching them try to do that is also very comical.

When your dog does it, especially as a mean to comfort you, it is the sweetest thing to watch. It’s like ‘Here, let me help. Hm, seems a little too small. We can make it work. Plop. Feel better now?’


7. “ONCE YOU HAVE HAD A WONDERFUL DOG, A LIFE WITHOUT ONE, IS A LIFE DIMINISHED.” – DEAN KOONTZ


Ugh, why do I do this to myself? I swear I make myself cry in almost every blog post I write. But this statement is so true. Once you have had a dog in your life, and they pass away. There feels like there is a hole in your heart. And of course, you can save another pet and love them like crazy. But you will still always remember that first wonderful dog, or any dog that has since passed away.

8. “IF YOU THINK DOGS CAN’T COUNT, TRY PUTTING THREE DOG BISCUITS IN YOUR POCKET AND THEN GIVE HIM ONLY TWO OF THEM.”- PHIL PASTORET

Seriously. Try it. DOGS ARE SMART!

9. “THE AVERAGE DOG IS A NICER PERSON THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON.” – ANDY ROONEY

Sure, some dogs are mean. (That goes back to the whole nature versus nurture controversy which I am not even going to start right now because we don’t have ten years). But if you are walking down the street and see a dog, and you stop to pet it. The majority of the time the dog will be very happy, wag its tail and perhaps give you a kiss.

If you stop humans on the street to say hello, you get an ugly glare, rolled eyes and a cold shoulder. (Again, normally). The average dog WANTS to be your friend right away. The average human has to get to know you to see if you guys could be friends.


10. “EVER CONSIDER WHAT OUR DOGS MUST THINK OF US? I MEAN, HERE WE COME BACK FROM A GROCERY STORE WITH THE MOST AMAZING HAUL, CHICKEN, PORK, HALF A COW. THEY MUST THINK WE’RE THE GREATEST HUNTERS ON EARTH!” – ANNE TYLER

My mom used to say this all the time! She would come home from the grocery store and let our dogs smell the food and go, ‘I’m the best hunter ever!’. But dogs probably think that is true. They don’t know what a grocery store is, or packaging. They think that us humans are so talented that we are able to hunt food, package it and make it taste as delicious as they want.

11. “IF A DOG WILL NOT COME TO YOU AFTER HAVING LOOKED YOU IN THE FACE, YOU SHOULD GO HOME AND EXAMINE YOUR CONSCIENCE.” – WOODROW WILSON

Dogs are an excellent judge of character. If a dog doesn’t like you. Take a hard look in the mirror. I’ve said it before, but dogs have no reason to judge you right off the bat. So if they don’t like there, there is something very off-putting about you in their eyes.

12. “MY FASHION PHILOSOPHY IS, IF YOU’RE NOT COVERED IN DOG HAIR, YOUR LIFE IS EMPTY.” – ELAYNE BOOSLER

Dog hair or cat hair can intertwine with this. Perfect example. I was at the doctor’s office wearing black pants. And the nurse goes, how many pets do you have? I looked at her confused because I hadn’t said anything about my pets. And she pointed down to my pants that had these lovely streaks of gray hair when my pets needed to let the world know, I was theirs.

I brushed it off and said ‘two’. They have to say goodbye to me before I leave. And her response was perfect. She said, good! That’s how you know they really love you. Mine do the same thing. No hair, no love. (In some cases, because felt brushes do exist). Pets have to spend most of their lives confined to their home, let them get some hair on you from time to time.

13. “NO MATTER HOW LITTLE MONEY AND HOW FEW POSSESSIONS YOU OWN, HAVING A DOG MAKES YOU RICH.” – LOUIS SABIN

This one kind of ties into another one. But in short, dogs enrich your life, not by things or status. But by true love. They love you if you are kind human to them. They don’t care if they are sitting with you in an apartment, or a mansion (okay, they may like the mansion to run around but that just dogs wanting to run). The point is, they just want to be by your side. And they hopefully make you a better person in return. Which leads me into…

14. “BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE.” – C.J. FRICK


Think about it. Your dog looks at you like you are the best human in the world. You saved them, protect them, feed them and love them. Everyone knows dogs adore their owners. Now have you ever thought to yourself before doing something, what would my dog think of me if I do this? If you haven’t, I recommend it. That split second usually helps direct you into making a smarter decision in your life. Whether it be helping others, or staying calm instead of yelling at someone. WWMDY. What Would My Dog Think?

15. “OPENING UP YOUR LIFE TO A DOG WHO NEEDS A HOME IS ONE OF THE MOST FULFILLING THINGS YOU CAN DO.” – EMMA KENNEY

Sorry, this one is going to be short. Because it is simply just that well said. People who own know, know the validity of this quote. And if you haven’t opened up your life to a dog, I highly recommend it. (So long as you’re ready for it of course.)

There is really nothing better than sitting with a dog in the sun on a glorious afternoon. It’s like pure happiness in one location. And your furbaby feels the same way.

16. “MONEY CAN BUY YOU A FINE DOG, BUT ONLY LOVE CAN MAKE HIM WAG HIS TAIL.” – KINKY FRIEDMAN


Yes, honey!!! I love this one because people get so focused on money. Don’t get me wrong, money helps with a lot of things. And sure, you can probably get an extremely expensive dog with money (don’t even get me started on that one). But dogs don’t care about how much money you have.

In order for a dog to be happy, they need the basic needs of living and an owner that loves them. Love isn’t shown in dollar bills. It is shown in quality times and moments of trust spent together.

So while many humans can buy love from others with money, you will never win over a dog with your ‘dolla dolla bills y’all’.

17. “DOGS DO SPEAK, BUT ONLY TO THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO LISTEN.” – ORHAN PAMUK

Dogs may not be able to speak our language, but they do still try and communicate with us. Heck! I have an entire blog post about ways dogs communicate with us. Whether it be barking, wagging their tails, or using their body to show fear, dog’s want to talk to us. Dogs will teach us how to be patience and listen to the nonverbal cues of the world.

The challenging part comes from us. We must know how to listen to what they are saying. Human’s roles are to learn and understand the signs are dogs are giving us so we can give them the best life possible.

18. ALL GUESTS MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DOG

Oh, this one hits close to home. One of my pet peeves is when people visit other houses and get annoyed that their guests have dogs. If you are coming over to someone’s house then you probably already knew they had a pet.

19. I LOVE COFFEE, MY DOG, AND LIKE MAYBE THREE PEOPLE

Ain’t this the truth. Sorry for the bad grammar, but it’s true! For me, I need coffee in order to survive. If I had to be on a remote desert island and the option was between people and dogs. 9 times out of 10, I would choose dogs over people. (Then 1 out of 10 would probably be my fiancé, my family, and like three friends). Hence the saying, I love coffee, my dog, and like my three people.


20. LIVE LONG AND PAWSPURR – PAIGE NADEAU


Sorry dog lovers! I had to add that on there. But there is actually meaning behind it. Along with a pet pun, it also wanted to showcase that this is a place of love and laughter. You can learn about your pet, laugh at your pets, and be reading this while snuggling your pets. Once you educate yourself, you and your pet and live long and prosper. I’m sorry…Live Long and Pawspurr.
WoofWonder.us

Woof & Wonder is a colorful lifestyle brand for dogs and their people. We strive to bridge the gap between cute and functional products for dogs and humans

*

Đăng nhận xét (0)
Mới hơn Cũ hơn